Saturday, May 16, 2009

Catch-Up

Wow, what a crazy couple of months! A lot has happened, but I'll sum it up quick in a catch-up post (and hopefully be more diligent in my postings hereafter)!
Clayton and I both survived another semester, and are one more term closer to graduation. I'm just doing daycare for the summer and taking a break from classes, while Clayton is working his normal webmaster job, now working nights for Wingers (just for summer), and going to do a math course starting in June. Super-hubby!
Failyn's learning more and more every day, and it's just amazing the words that come out of her mouth! The other day my dad was working on a garden they do in our yard, without his shirt because it was dirty work (spreading manure...yuck!), and Failyn said "grampa at my house nakey!" All day, she had to tell everyone that, even strangers at the grocery store (we had to quickly explain in response to the odd looks). With Clayton working nights, he misses bedtime half the week, and she's having a hard time adjusting to that. In the mornings she runs into our room "Daddy, you're home! I missed you so much! Now you have to play with me!" Cute as it is, sometimes 5am isn't the most pleasant time for the cuteness lol!
Clayton got a new calling in our ward, moved from Elders Quorom Secretary to Sunday School teacher! He's had a blast with this age-group though, and I think it's been a good experience for him.
My folks have decided we are going to quickly finish our home (we began remodeling it about a year and a half ago) this summer and get it on the market hopefully by August or so. It's been quite the process, and we've learned a lot! For example, we learned that if you're tearing your roof off, it will rain! Good thing we had plenty of pots and pans for that adventure! I'm sure I'll add plenty more experiences over the next few months, hopefully no major injuries, though! So far the worst was Clayton falling through the porch, which was lots of bad scrapes, but no stitches luckily!

1 comment:

  1. HO LEE COW! What an eventful couple of months. That's great to hear that your house is getting done and you guys are doing so well. Failyn is the cutest thing in the world. She's got her momma's everything and her daddy's eyes and hair. ha ha ha. I love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete